Sunday, September 21, 2008

CANNING PEACHES!



Ted, my father-in-law thought that we needed a canning lesson. He is a big canner and came over with a box of peaches and showed us how to can them. They are beautiful and we'll love eating them this winter. It was fun. Even Haley and Loren learned how. We did it outside so the mess wasn't in my kitchen. Ted is a wonderful teacher and an awsome grampa! We love him and Harriet living near by! While we were canning, Ems was puking her guts out. She had the flu the whole entire day. Poor thing. She was so sick.

6 comments:

The Fieldings said...

Yay dad! I wish you could come to our house and can! (or just come!)

tammy said...

i wish you could come too!...do come!

Michelle D. said...

No fun Ems! So, I know who to call this winter when I'm craving peaches...or chocolate ;)

Noelle said...

Sounds yummy. My favorite was the puking part. Just kidding. I'm sorry Ems isn't feeling good. A lot of people around here are dealing with the flu too. Not fun!

Malauna said...

What a good idea in canning outside! First of all, then it's not in your kitchen, like you said. And secondly, you don't have to hear or smell Ems' puke! Hope she is well now.

Luella said...

In about two weeks we will be canning apple pie filling and making apple butter. Anyone want to come to New York to help out?