Saturday, September 27, 2008

LYSSI'S HOMECOMING DANCE

The Homecoming game was against Clearfield High. Syracuse beat the pants off them so all was good. This is what Lyssi looked like for the game. You may think they are a bunch of blue-haired freaks...no, just Lyssi with team spirit. (I guess that is what you'd call it)



Today was Homecoming for Syracuse High. Lyssi was so excited to go. He asked her in a cute way. He texted her about 10:00 one night and said to go look on her porch. (she had no idea who's # it was) There was a really cute bag. Inside it had a tee shirt. On the front it said "WILL YOU GO TO HOMECOMING WITH ME?" On the back it had about 30 different boys names all over it. on the bottom it said "wash me to know who is asking" So, of course, (even though it was late) we washed it and all the names washed off except Justin's.

He was in her seminary class last year and he seems like a really nice boy. Their date started this am when he picked her up for breakfast. After they ate, they went miniature golfing. Lyssi said that she won, she couldn't help it. She had fun.
Lyssi was getting a little nervous waiting for him to come. She hoped that she would be able to walk & dance in her high heels. They are so pretty. Shelly (her aunt ) bought them for her.



It was really funny. When he drove up, Lyssi jumped up and ran into Loren's room. Then she said "I can't becoming out of her room" so then she ran down stairs and then ran back up. She said, "do I answer the door?"
She finally sat on the couch in the
family room and
acted like she is totally relaxed. But then
she jumped up and went to the fridge and said "I'll
just act like I'm
looking in the fridge."
Me and Ems were
laughing so hard.
(Lyssi was too).



Pinning on the bootinere(sp?) was a total joke. We couldn't do it. He didn't have a suit jacket to pin it to the flappy thing so it made it difficult. Brennan was gone (he had to sale hotdogs at the U of U game for a fundraiser for Lyssi's softball team) but we finally made it stick w/out flopping over. It was pretty funny!
I guess Lyssi is just used to me taking pictures because she just knew that I would have to do my thing before they could leave. They are so dang cute!








8 comments:

Michelle D. said...

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to be blogging at midnight! We've got early church tomorrow ya know. Lyssi looks so pretty (well, maybe not with blue hair, but all dressed up!) Sounds like it's been a fun weekend at your house. I was at the U game tonight, but didn't go looking to buy a hot dog...sorry I missed Brennan...maybe next game?

Noelle said...

Lyssi is so pretty. (I especially like the blue hair!) Sounds like a fun date. It's tough when you can't help but win in miniature golf. I'm lucky, I can't help but lose every time.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! I love her hair, both blonde and blue. (Ben sprayed his blue today to go to work at the Haunted Mines, what's up with that??) And good job picking out the necklace!
And Lyssi, don't go thinking you've go to let the guy win at mini golf just cause he's a GUY! Just don't go there girlfriend. Remember...I am woman, hear me roar! Sing it to her, Tams.

Luella said...

Look out Brennan - the boys are lining up at the door for your girls! I love the t-shirt idea. It's so romantic! and Lyssi, you look great with blue hair and absolutely gorgeous in that dress!

Steph said...

lys looks beautiful!!! i hope she had a good time!!

Kortney Manning said...

Wow! Lyss has really grown up :) She looked beautiful. All of your girls are so pretty. Glad she had fun at her dance. Miss you guys...

The Fieldings said...

What a beauty! I'll bet all those other guys were trying to figure out how to get their name on that t-shirt in permanent ink!

Anonymous said...

Miss Lyssi you look gorgeous all pretty'd up! Im glad the dress ended up working for you, and im glad you had tons of fun! Memories you'll never forget... Love ya