Friday, February 6, 2009

Having four girls and 3 of them teenagers, I don't know if Brennan is going to make it. He worries so much about them. Haley has 7 other girls and 4 boys that are all best friends. They hang out almost every weekend. Brennan is tense about it but it's happening. Brennan said it is different when they are at our house with us there, it's fine. But, if they go somewhere where there isn't supervision~he doesn't think that is right. Well, tonight Haley's friends all wanted to go to the movie and Brennan heard what was going on and told them absolutely not. He said it was too much like a date. Lyssi tried to tell him and the whole thing just embarrassed Haley. They boys left shortly after that. Okay, so I feel like they are a big bunch of friends and they like to do stuff. Brennan said it would be too easy for them to go to the show and one of the boys sit by Haley and try to hold her hand or something. I agree that I don't think our girls should date until 16 also. I hung out with a big group of friends when I was in high school (about a trillion years ago) and we all just had fun. Brennan is just freaking out that Haley will be 16 in October. And, Lyssi is so boy crazy~ aaaaaugh! I want to know what you all think.

8 comments:

Ricci said...

I am afraid I am going to have the same kind of trouble...I am already hearing it from Kennedy that I "borned her in the wrong month and year". All her friends will be 16 there whole sophomore year. I see it as they get to go to church dances, so whats worse dancing with a boy or sitting with a group at a movie theater??? If you trust her, but I guess you have to go with your gut!! Good luck & keep me posted I will need the help.

Anonymous said...

You know that Brennan and I always think alike which scares me. But this time...I'm more with you. If there was ever a child you could trust to do the right thing, it's Haley. She'd whip the whole bunch into shape if she even thought somebody was getting out of line! I just hate the thought that she doesn't think all boys have cooties. And they do. Have cooties. : )

tammy said...

Brennan trusts Haley, it's the boys he doesnt. And they are all good kids!

Luella said...

I used to hate it when my mother gave me scriptures to read when I had a question, but I think you'll find the answer in 1 Nephi 15:8. Good luck!

The Fieldings said...

I think being on the safe side is always wise. The counsel to wait until 16 to date is for the protection of all those kids. They are all good kids and all deserve to stay that way.

Noelle said...

As soon as you figure all this out, please tell us. You have about 13 or 14 years.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Brennan.

tammy said...

Okay, Okay! Brennan is always right!