Sunday, August 24, 2008

YOUNG WOMEN'S RETREAT (I mean, Girls Camp!)

I am about a month late on this but had to add it to our blog before school starts tomorrow! Girls camp was the best! We have the coolest group of girls and they have the COOLEST leaders! We went to Scofield at a cabin. Our yw's president's family has a cabin which is bigger than our house! We are really lucky!

I feel so blessed to be able to go with my girls. I was sad that Ems grew up and didn't go. I loved spending girls camp with Lyssi and Haley.
We went to the Castle Valley Pageant. They had a lot of pioneer games and curled the girls hair with rags. They pulled honey taffey, they could milk a cow and try homemade ice cream. We had a good time. When we got home, the girls were so tired. Most of them all went to bed and a few leaders and a few girls stayed up. We played a game where you had to stand in front and sing and dance or actions w/out laughing. It was so funny and we were all pretty good.
About 3 am, we had to take some pictures before we could end our night. We laughed so hard, I almost peed my pants! Haley used to be my early to bed girl but she was a party queen!


Lyssi is amazing. She should be in the Olympics with this act!




It is so fun, to just be yourself! Haley is really at peace with the mountains! Doesn't she look like she belongs in the woods?
Lyssi entertained all of us! She can sing, dance and act! Who knew! We all love Lyss

We were pretty lucky, we got to go boating! Our bishop pulled a 3 man tube behind the boat and was a crazy man! It was a good day! Our girls had so much fun. The leaders had just as much fun!
With all of the craziness, we still squoze in meaningful activities and time to feel close to our Heavenly Father. Girls camp can always do that for us!



5 comments:

Luella said...

I miss Girls' Camp!!!

Michelle D. said...

I'm SO glad we got to come up for the first night! Wouldn't be summer without girls camp!

Noelle said...

What happened to camping in tents? You guys have it easy. But that being said, it looks like a lot of fun. I love girls camp.

The Fieldings said...

Sounds like youth conference without the boys. But it is so much more fun to camp when you can stay clean and don't have to dig a ditch around the tent to keep it dry in a rainstorm. That and soft beds, what luxury!

Patrish said...

I want to come to your Girl's Camp! Can we trade next year? We don't get to go to Heber Valley, we're going to our "wilderness" property....bleh. So please adopt me next summer :)