Tuesday, December 23, 2008

SNOW DAY

Today was a perfect snow day! It was snowing when we woke up and all morning. Loren couldn't wait to get on the hill with her sled. Her and Kaitlyn had lots of fun! They were frozen baby girls when they came home.

I learnded how to make bread for the 1st time in my life! I've made banana bread and bread in my machine but never made it "for true" as Haley used to say. Emily and I have made 28 loaves and one more batch to go. I must say "they look beautiful!" When we made the 1st batch, Brennan came up from his office and looked at the bread and said "A Christmas Miracle!" We've been taking them around w/a little honey bear for our neighbor gifts. We are so dang proud! (thanks Mar)

Tonight Loren and Brennan had a fun time making a gingerbread house. Brennan said that he used yellow snow to make his snowman. They did a good job. Man! We've had a busy but fun day!

4 comments:

Noelle said...

Mmmm. That bread looks yummy!

Enjoy the snow. We are getting a ton of rain today. If it were snow we could probably not even leave the house. We have a pond in the back yard.

Anonymous said...

You know I wish we were there to sled with you. And to eat your yummy bread. And to make gingerbread houses. All those fun Bateman things we used to do. *sigh*

And I am just so proud of you for all the photos with glasses! You are too cute, just ask any elderly singing cowboy.

Luella said...

How we would love to be out there sledding with you! We went sledding on our "hills" last Saturday, but they are nothing compared to Utah mountain sledding. :(

Dateline Dryer said...

Hey, I thought you were going to post the recipe! Well, just send it to me! It looks yummy. The one I usually make is whole wheat, so I would love a recipe for white also. You have become quite the little homemaker :)
M