Thursday, October 23, 2008

HALEY'S 15!











Haley turned 15 yesterday. I cannot believe that 15 years ago I was sitting in the hospital waiting to have a baby. My water started leaking 2 mo. before she was due and Dr. Pead was worried about infection and my labor starting so he admitted me into the hospital. I was fine for about a day but then I started going nuts. Brennan worked in SLC and he would come to Bountiful to see me on the way home from work and I would shoo him out so he could spend time with Ems and Lyssi. They were staying at my mom and dad's during the week so they could take care of them. Brennan would go over every night to see them. Anyway, he would leave me and I would cry. My mom, dad and Shelly took really good care of Emily and Lyssi. They brought them to see me a lot. They would leave and I would cry. I was a mess. I think I drove the dr crazy. They were testing my fluid every day to see if Haley's lungs were developed. I was told to only get up to go to the bathroom. I even had a chair in my shower. Well, I was a titch psycho and I would jump around trying to go into labor. I'm glad Haley was stubborn and didn't come till she was ready. On Oct 21, 1993, my dr came in around 4pm Wed. night and said "well, it looks like she's ready". Brennan hurried over (with a pizza) I was so happy! They wheeled me down to labor and delivery. I had a really easy labor. She was born @ 2:03 Thursday morning on the 22nd. She weighed 5 lbs 12 oz. 18" long. When I held her, I was ashamed at how I felt while I was in the hospital for a month waiting for her to come. She was definately worth the wait! My heart felt so full She was born 4 weeks early and completely perfect! She still is perfect. We love her so much. She is so fun and really funny. I'm so glad she is part of our family. We love you Haley!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Haley! You are such a cutie patootie. We miss you. We love you!

The Fieldings said...

Happy birthday, Haley! You are gorgeous, just like your mom and dad!

Luella said...

What beautiful pictures! Happy birthday Haley! We love you!

Luella said...

Wait. Is Haley really 15? I can't believe it!

Patrish said...

Joe says she looks just like you! It is hard to believe how fast our kids grow up huh! Pretty soon we'll be calling you Tam the Gram!!

Michelle D. said...

I love that story. Happy (late) birthday Haley...we LOVE you!