Thursday, January 1, 2009

NEW YEARS EVE 2008

New Years Eve was fun this year. The girls all invited friends and we invited the Bergers and Jeff & Shelly. (they missed out on the picture moment because at 11:30 Kasey really needed her bed).We played "what if", Bunko, and Farkle. We had a lot of fun! Our bed sure felt good when we fell into it! At midnight, everyone went out and banged pans (we really know how to party at the Bateman's) and ran around the neighborhood making sure the neighbors knew it was 2009! We made breakfast. Everything was still fine and dandy. Then Brennan cut his finger really bad on a can lid. Lyssi broke Brennan's new recliner, (Ems fixed it this morning) Next, I don't really know how this happened but I knocked over the griddle that we had cooked the bacon on and grease went everywhere! It was horrible. All over the counter, all in the drawers under the counter, all over the floor, and down both of my legs and into my shoes. It was the messiest, greasiest mess! Bad things happen in 3's right?, so I think we are good. But it really was a good night and I know that 2009 will be a good year!

























Loren doesn't get to have sleep overs but we made an exception tonight. She was thrilled. They went to sleep around 2 am. I'm nuts!


2009, HERE
WE COME!

4 comments:

Michelle D. said...

YIKES! What a mess. Sounds like a fun night (other than the cut finger, broken chair and bacon grease)! Happy New Years!

Anonymous said...

The Bateman's always know how to party! I bet even with the tragedies, everyone was laughing and having fun (except you and Brennan).

Tell Lyss to keep those bunco dice warm for me for next year!

Steph said...

What a fun new years!! Your girls are just like their mom...I love it! It was weird not having christmas eve with you guys..not sure how I feel about it!! Miss ya!

snow family said...

You have such a fun family. Sounds like a crazy way to bring in the New Year! (grease covered floor and all!)