Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SHE PASSED!




It was a big day! Haley got her Learners permit. She was so scared to take the test. On the way to pick up her friend Jessi, I asked her a few questions. I asked her which way to turn your wheel when parking up hill. She had no idea. I asked her the speed limit in a residential area. She thought for a minute and then said~What is residential? I knew she was in trouble! As soon as Jessi got in the car, I said~please help her study! They studied like crazy. She asked the lady how many times she could take the test. She said twice and then you can come back and take it one more time w/out paying again. Haley said~mom, I will pay next time if we have to. She said can we go get ice cream if I pass? Then she said~can we go get ice cream if we don't pass because I will be so sad? She took the test 1st time and passed! Happy Day! She is still afraid to drive! This will pass I'm sure!

5 comments:

Noelle said...

I love the ice cream if she passes and ice cream if she doesn't pass approach. Everybody wins! But congrats on passing. I was scared to drive at first too. I think a little fear is healthy because it makes you more careful. Careful teenage drivers are a GOOD thing.

Michelle D. said...

Congratulations! Will you come and get me and take me for a drive? I'll wear my brother's old football helmet, in case we crash ;)

Luella said...

Congratulations! Now just stay away from the mailboxes and gas cans(those were my downfalls). You'll be a great driver!

Luella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Fieldings said...

Little Haley driving?? Congratulations! You'll be great, especially because you are worried about it. That will just make you more aware. Also, your mom and dad are very patient teachers.