Monday, July 21, 2008

Emily's 18!

















Emily turned 18 yesterday. That just doesn't seem right, does it? Can we really have an adult child? That is just crazy talk! Emily wanted to go sky diving for her bday, ya know to prove that she is a big girl now but didn't do that (she still plans to). She went to see The Black Knight.
Emily is such a sweetheart. She has always been the peacemaker in our home. She works hard, has a sweet disposition and everyone loves her. We are so thankful for her everyday.
Okay, I was going to make the most beautiful cake for her. In my mind it was gorgeous! I made 2 round chocolate cakes. I put the 1st one down and put cool whip and cut up strawberries all over that. Then I put the other layer on. I poured frosting all over that and thought that it would drip down all the way but it just got the top cake. I should have frosted the bottom cake before I started. I dipped strawberries and put them on top. I pictured beautifully dipped strawberries and then drizzle white chocolate over them for color. Well, it didn't drizzle-it glopped. Oh well, Emily said it was pretty. It wasn't a sight but it tasted divine! I just wish I could think more practicle so that I wouldn't invision something that I can't make happen. oh well, it was good and it was devoured in minutes. Life is good.

8 comments:

Steph said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EM!! I cannot believe she is that old! Man..that makes me feel old because I remember her as a baby! goodness where does the time go?? Why no picture of the cake?? Would have loved to see it! I am sure it was wonderful!!!

Malauna said...

That does sound like a delicious cake. Happy Birthday Emily!

Noelle said...

Happy birthday Emily. Wow, all grown up. Does that mean you are responsible for your own actions now? Bummer!

Luella said...

Happy birthday Emily! You have grown up way too fast!

Michelle D. said...

Ohh, the cake sounds yummy! Let me know when you want to go sky-diving, I'll go with you! Happy Birthday Emily! You are such a doll :)

Shanda said...

It sounds like all of you are having a fantastic summer together! Happy belated birthday to Emily. The cake sounds like it would have been great!

shelby said...

Oh Tam your girls are all so beautiful. I can't believe Em is so old. I remember when she was born. You and Brennan have done a great job with your family. You guys are an example to me. I hope my kids turn out like yours. Thanks for all you do for me. Tell Em I always wanted to skydive!!!! Love you guys

The Fieldings said...

You know you're old when your little nephews and nieces start growing up and leaving the nest. Happy birthday Em!