Thursday, July 17, 2008

FINGERNAIL POLISH IN CARPET!

Can anyone help me?! I am desperate and pathetic! Yesterday afternoon, I was getting ready to go out with Brennan and thought that my toes looked so good, I would paint my fingernails! (something that I never do) I unscrewed the lid to see if it was glumpy and it wasn't so I chose it to use. Then, I went to my bathroom to put it on and I took it from one hand to the next and grabbed it by the lid (which I guess I didn't screw back on) and the bottle fell and it splattered all over my carpet. I immediately panicked! I took a bottle of rubbing alcohol and started scrubbing! It took some out but not all. Now it is dried and I'm just sick about it! Does anyone have any advise to give me? I didn't even have the pleasure of yelling because it was me and I just cried. It's pink! We don't like pink carpet! It's a good thing it wasn't my girls because I am constantly telling them to not even open it until you are in the bathroom.

7 comments:

Luella said...

Oh, no, Tammi! I have no idea what you can do get the nail polish out, but I will do some searching for you! Good luck!

Luella said...

Tony says to get a product called AFTA. It is an upholstery cleaner that gets anything out. Rubbing alcohol might work too.

Noelle said...

I thought that the panicking and crying seemed like a pretty good solution.

Noelle said...

Here is a website that has some solutions to try.

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Fingernail-Polish-From-Carpet

Michelle D. said...

UGH! I had that happen a couple of months ago. I couldn't even blame it on Kira, it was my fault! I used about a whole bottle of finger nail polish remover (I thought it might lighten the carpet, but it was better than PINK) it took it out (for the most part) and didn't lighten the carpet. But, I did it when the polish was still wet. So sorry...such a pain! You'll have to give me an update when I see you tonight.

shelby said...

Abby did it to our carpet and nothing helped. But in South Carolina it happened again and I used Spray and Wash with Resolve and it worked amazingly well. Try it and let me know!! Miss you guys!

tammy said...

Thanks everyone for your help. We used rubbing alcohol, spray & wash & also oxy clean. It worked pretty good. After that, I had way too much oxy clean settled deep into the carpet. Haley sprinkled LIBERALLY . I borrowed a friends carpet cleaner and sprayed out water and pulled it out. Man, it was a lot of work!